A man has been charged with attempted murder following a knife attack at a Tube station in east London, police have said.
Muhaydin Mire, 29, of Sansom Road, Leytonstone, will appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates’ Court this morning.
He is charged with the attempted murder of a 56-year-old man at Leytonstone underground station.
The alleged victim was left with “serious” stab wounds and another person was hurt during the incident at around 7.15pm on Saturday.
A man who allegedly shouted “this is for Syria” was arrested after being Tasered by officers.
Police have increased patrols at transport hubs to “identify and deter terrorism” after the incident.
The extra officers deployed will be both uniformed and plain-clothed, said British Transport Police.
Assistant Chief Constable Mark Newton said: “The safety of the travelling public remains our top priority.
“In addition to our usual specialist response teams, last week we launched Project Servator, deploying even more highly-visible police patrols designed to identify and deter terrorism.
“Following Saturday’s incident, we are now deploying still more officers in this role. They involve both uniformed and plain-clothed officers, supported by other resources, such as armed officers, police dogs, a network of CCTV cameras, and the thousands of rail staff we work alongside.
“We ask the public to remain calm and carry on using public transport as normal.”