Published On: Sun, Feb 2nd, 2014

Maine Teen Hurt After IPhone Catches Fire In Pants

School officials in Maine say a 13-year-old girl suffered first- and second-degree burns when her iPhone caught fire in her pants, reports WMTW.The trouble began when the girl sat down, heard a popping sound from the back pocket where her phone was located, and noticed smoke, reports the Bangor Daily News.Maine teen hurt after iPhone

The girl’s friends asked boys to step outside as she ditched her pants, and a teacher brought a blanket. She was later treated and released from the hospital.

NEWSER: How WWII researchers starved men in Minnesota

So what happened? Fire officials in Kennebunk are investigating, but one speculates to Seacoast Online that the phone’s battery “shorted out” when the girl sat down.

“People should obviously use caution when placing their phones in their back pockets so as not to crush them and cause an electrical short,” one official says. (There’s no official word from Apple after the report.)

“I’ve never seen anything like that,” says the principal, who credits the girl with a “stop, drop, and roll” move when the incident happened.

Recent Posts

Reverse Phone Lookup

Catching a Prankster with Reverse Phone Lookup

October 23, 2017, Comments Off on Catching a Prankster with Reverse Phone Lookup
Giftster

Let The iPhone Be The Elf To Your Santa

October 18, 2017, Comments Off on Let The iPhone Be The Elf To Your Santa
Workplace Injuries

The Most Common Workplace Injuries And How To Avoid Them

October 18, 2017, Comments Off on The Most Common Workplace Injuries And How To Avoid Them
Business Blunders

Business Blunders And How To Keep Them At Bay

October 17, 2017, Comments Off on Business Blunders And How To Keep Them At Bay
realstate

Canadian Real Estate’s Big Chill

October 14, 2017, Comments Off on Canadian Real Estate’s Big Chill